Wednesday, October 23, 2013

"Reduce, Reuse, Recycle"

That trilogy we call grew up learning.  It was omnipresent throughout our schooling. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.  The three triangular arrows symbolize a simple but impactful set of actions.  Yet even though these actions have been held in high honor for so long in our minds, they have always remained a vague generalization of certain environmentally beneficial practices.
How can I really reduce, reuse and recycle in my own life? Upon some research- better known as a quick Google search- I found a pretty organized and informative website put together by non other than our very own Environmental Protection Agency. The average internet surfer and general curious citizen can inform themselves on neat little ways to get involved in sustainability, starting right at home! The site offers easy ideas for recycling at home, at school, at work, on the go and in the community. Donate your clothes and old electronics, compost your food scraps and separate old newspapers from the rest of your trash for paper recycling.  Not quite inspired yet? Check it out for yourself RIGHT HERE !
Link Here

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great site. I just checked it out and I didn't know there were a great deal of things you could do just at home to help save the environment. I will try to implement some of these into my daily life in order to lower my carbon emission.

    ReplyDelete